Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
A Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) at Baker Rehab Group is a team player with an insatiable appetite for professional development. He or she should have good organizational and communication skills, and be comfortable working with a variety of diagnoses and conditions. As part of the rehab team, there will be ample resources for guidance and direction under the supervision of a talented physical therapist. In many settings, you will be viewed as the expert on topics related to senior care. We want to help you achieve that level of “expertise”, and rise to the top of your game.
Here are the nuts and bolts of the role of “Physical Therapy Assistant” at BRG. Keep in mind that although objectively stated requirements and responsibilities are necessary for running a business, we are far more interested in cultivating excellence than we are in hiring bodies.
Bring us your passion for working with clients; a desire to better your skills; a commitment to growing the profession and raising the bar… and the rest will fall into place.
A Physical Therapy Assistant at Baker Rehab Group is a graduate of a physical therapy assistant curriculum accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association or other standards as accepted by the Medicare program. Licensed to perform Physical Therapy in the state(s) served by BRG. Current CPR Certification required.
Skills(s): Proficient reading, writing, and grammatical skills; proficient in interpersonal relations and communicative skills; demonstrates interest in providing physical therapy to seniors in the best environment suited for their needs; valid driver’s license and means of dependable transportation; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of active therapy practice normally required.
Physical Therapy Assistants assist Physical Therapists in providing physical therapy treatments and procedures. May, in accordance with State laws, assist in the development of treatment plans, carry out routine functions, document the progress of treatment, and modify specific treatments in accordance with patient status and with the scope of treatment plans established by a physical therapist.
Responsible for providing physical therapy in an effective and efficient manner in the client’s home; coordinating work within the agency or facility, as well as with other departments; complying with operating policies and procedures and regulatory requirements; communicating with appropriate personnel; responding to inquiries or requests for information; maintaining appropriate records and providing assigned reports.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist patients as they practice exercises and functional activities.
- Confer with physical therapy staff or others to discuss and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment.
- Assist patients to dress, undress, or put on and remove supportive devices, such as braces, splints, and slings.
- Communicate with or instruct caregivers and family members on patient therapeutic activities and treatment plans.
- Attend or conduct continuing education courses, seminars, or inservice activities.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- General understanding or experience in:
- Generalized understanding or competency in use of:
- Artificial limbs
- Power mobility
- Active Listening
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Seeking answers or information if needed to optimize patient care.
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Fax machine
- Copy machine
- Various medical equipment/supplies