Keeping Patients Safe During the COVID-19 Recovery
Baker Rehab Group has a long-standing commitment to the healthcare needs of the communities we serve, both in home and outpatient clinic. Safety is our highest priority. During this global COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to giving you a safe place to receive physical, occupational and speech therapy services is our #1 priority.
During the height of the pandemic in Maryland, our clinic and home health operations temporarily scaled back in-person appointments. We continue to adhere closely to CDC recommendations and keep abreast of statewide updates provided by the Governor’s office.
We have taken a number of steps in addition to our standard infection control protocol to ensure the Brain and Balance Center remains a safe place for you to receive outpatient services. We’re also working closely with our partners in home health and ambulatory surgery centers to ensure the same standards for our in-home clients.
Limiting Occupancy in the Brain and Balance Center
One component of our COVID-19 protocol encourages caregivers of patients to remain outside the clinic instead of in the waiting room to reduce the number of people in our clinic and, therefore, the risk of exposure between patients, caregivers and staff. We understand this can be difficult and appreciate your understanding.
Masks and Hand Sanitizer
- Masks for Staff: All staff wear masks. The type of mask staff members wear is determined by the type of care they provide, to best ensure their safety and the safety of our patients.
- Masks for Patients and Visitors: All patients and anyone with them is asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our outpatient clinic. You may bring your own, or if you don’t have one, face masks are available at the front desk.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance to the Brain and Balance Center and applied before each visit in the home. Each member of our health care staff sanitizes their hands between patient encounters.
Screening and Testing
We screen all patients for COVID-19 symptoms upon entry to the clinic, including a temperature check. In addition, when you arrive for your appointment, you and anyone with you will also be asked about any cough, fever and other symptoms of respiratory virus infection that you or others in your household may be experiencing. Staff are also screened for COVID-19 symptoms each day.
Cleaning, Reorganization and Check-In Options
- Common Areas: Areas such as the waiting room, lobby and restrooms are cleaned often with special attention to frequently touched surfaces including doorknobs, armrests and handrails.
- Treatment Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
- Waiting Room Organization: Waiting rooms are organized to keep patients with respiratory symptoms separate from patients receiving other types of care. Special arrangements are made for patients being evaluated for COVID-19 or possible COVID-19 to arrive through a specific process and be immediately settled into a private exam room to reduce the chances of other patients being exposed to the virus.
You can be confident that you will receive safe, high-quality, compassionate care from the extraordinary healthcare providers at the Brain and Balance Center and in the communities where we serve in-home clients.
Our safety precautions are developed based on recommendations by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and adapt our processes to meet best practices that limit exposure and prevent the spread of disease. All of our team members are committed to keeping our patients, staff and community safe.