In-Home or Outpatient Therapy Services in Maryland
The licensed, experienced, and caring speech therapists (also known as speech language pathologists) at Baker Rehab Group provide a personalized, dynamic and multi-modal approach to speech therapy. Our therapists treat pediatric and geriatric patients with speech-language, cognition, and swallowing disorders, including those related to stroke, head injury, Parkinson’s disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s Disease to name a few.
- Cognition: Our therapists focus on communication, attention, memory, and problem solving
- Speech: Therapy is aimed at articulation, fluency, and voice characteristics
- Language: Targets comprehension, oral and written communication, word-finding abilities, language processing, and augmentative/alternative communication methods
- Swallowing: evaluates chewing and swallowing ability
- Voice: Therapy addresses respiratory needs for speech, affecting vocal qualities such as hoarseness and volume
- Dysphagia: The goal of treating dysphagia is to improve overall swallowing safety which can be done through various treatment options such as: Oral-motor exercises, sensory stimulation, diet modification, compensatory techniques, and VitalStim Therapy
- VitalStim: A therapy technique that uses electrical stimulation to enhance muscle contraction in the muscles responsible for swallowing.
- LVST (Lee Silverman voice training): Treatment that stimulates the muscles of the voice box (larynx) and speech mechanism through a systematic hierarchy of exercise for individuals with Parkinson disease and other neurological conditions to improve the voice to a healthy vocal loudness with no strain
Home or outpatient clinic. Which is right for you?
Speech Therapy in the Home. Baker Rehab Group’s licensed, experienced, and caring speech therapists provide speech therapy to their patients as well as simultaneously educating families and caregivers, all in the home. Speech therapy in the home setting provides patients with a tailored care for speedy recovery in the setting we need it most. Whether you are trying to restore function, gain independence and/or learning ways to compensate for chronic conditions, we want to help you function in the setting you need it the most. Research shows stroke survivors who have difficulty speaking or understanding speech show significantly better improvement in language and communication skills after intensive, immediate speech therapy as opposed to traditional methods. Speech therapy in the home not only give our therapists a more complete picture of their clients’ needs, but allows them the opportunity to educate families and caregivers as well, leading to a more thorough and complete treatment and recovery
Speech Therapy at a BRG Outpatient Clinic. Receiving therapy at one of Baker Rehab Group’s outpatient clinics is another setting we have available to our patients. At our outpatient clinics, patients have access to state of the art equipment that can be used for general well-being, re-training, and elite sports conditioning. Our outpatient clinics are staffed with the BRG standard of highly trained staff that can accommodate more complex schedules with early morning and evening appointments. Our patients can use the exercises learned at an outpatient therapy session at home for quicker progress.
Baker Rehab Group provides occupational therapy in Maryland and West Virginia. For detailed information regarding our coverage area:
- Visit our service area webpage
- Call us toll free at 866-727-3455
- Request an appointment today!
- Email us today!