This spiffy piece of equipment works primarily on balance and mobility training. Assisting with both injury assessment and rehabilitation exercises, the NeuroCom is ideal for concussion management, fall prevention, neurorehabilitation, and vestibular training.
The NeuroCom Balance System is comprised of a fixed 18″x 60″ force plate that measures the force exerted by the patients’ feet as they sift their weight. There are 15 standardized assessments that measure balance, gaze stability, weight bearing, and limits of stability. The force plate and the assessments work together to evaluate and strengthen each individual’s stability and balance limits.
NeuroCom’s advanced computerized assessment tools differentiate among the sensor and motor impairments that contribute to balance problems and limit patients’ daily activities, including:
- Ineffective use of vestibular, somatosensory, and/or visual inputs to postural balance control.
- Ineffective use of vestibular and visual systems for gaze control.
- Delayed, weak, and/or asymmetric automatic motor responses.
- Impaired center of gravity alignment and control.
- Impaired planning and coordination of weight transfers.
And, don’t forget the games! Individuals are able to improve balance through various games and challenges. Finding your stability and balance limits, and improving them, is fun!
For further details on the NeuroCom Balance System, visit us at BakerRehabGroup.com